Monday, March 17, 2014

Pure Sin Series by Kyra Davis


 

Deceptive Innocence Part One by Kyra Davis

Pure Sin # 1





Deceptive Innocence Part One is the first installment in the Pure Sin series by Kyra Davis. 

This short, dramatic book is filled with angst and revenge.  With interesting characters and a mysterious plot it is sure to be a hit.

Going in to this book I really did not know what to think, but this pleasant surprise had me reading until the end.  The chemistry between Bell and Lander will set your pages on fire.  The premise of this book and delivery were amazing.  I can’t wait for the next chapter to see if Lander is the guy for Bell and if she can carry out her plan for revenge.

Synopsis:

Ever since her mother died while serving time for a murder she didn't commit, Bell's been focused on one thing: revenge. She knows her mother was set up by the powerful Gable family, international bankers who will crush anyone for profit, or amusement. Now she's determined to take the Gables down.

Seducing her way into the life--and bed--of the family's rebellious youngest son, Lander, she figures it should be easy to uncover the secrets she needs to destroy his family. But Lander turns out to be more complicated than Bell expected. He's intelligent, mysterious--and their sexual chemistry is off the charts. Lander is still the target, but once Bell gives in to her desire to touch him, he starts seeming much less like an enemy--which is why her anger is more necessary than ever.



Deceptive Innocence Part 2


 

And the mystery continues.  In part 2 we dive deeper into Bell’s life and past in her quest to bring down Lander and his family.

This installment was just ok for me.  I would have liked to see more interaction between Bell and Lander in this one.  I’m not sure if Bell can carry out her plans with Lander standing in her way. 

Synopsis:

Ever since her mother died while serving time for a murder she didn’t commit, Bell has been focused on one thing: revenge. She knows her mother was set up by the head of the powerful Gable family, international bankers who will crush anyone for profit, or amusement. Now she’s determined to take the Gables down—from the inside.

Seducing her way into the life—and bed—of the family's rebellious youngest son, Lander, she figures it should be easy to uncover the secrets she needs to destroy the Gables. But Lander turns out to be much more complicated than Bell ever could have imagined. He’s enticing, intelligent, mysterious—and their sexual chemistry is off the charts. Lander is still the target, but when he touches her, he starts seeming much less like an enemy…


 
Deceptive Innocence: Part Three by Kyra Davis
Pure Sin # 3

 


I am somewhat upset that with this installment of Deceptive Innocence.  I imagined that we would have a conclusion to this saga, but no we readers are left with yet another cliffhanger.  I am all for cliffhangers, in fact it keeps me on the lookout for the nest book in the series, but come on all three parts are left open.  It is working on my nerves and not in a good way.   I can see the first, and even the second, but the third open ending and I can honestly say I don’t know if I can continue with this series.  I stared out loving it and now I am just kind of fed up.  I will most likely read the next installment because I am OCD, but if it ends in a cliffhanger I will not read another one, no matter how caught up I am with the story.

Now that my rant is over, the plot of part three focuses on Lander and Belle.  Secretes are discovered and allies are made as the plot to take down the Gable family thickens.

I love these characters, the plot, and the writing style.  I hope the series goes to a full book and not these novella length cliff hangers.  I was under the impression that this was a trilogy, but in the end we are left with no answers and a whole lot of what ifs.  To me this series was market wrong since it was advertised as a trilogy and apparently it is not since the ending was a cliffhanger.  It was confusing to say the least.
 
On another note if you put all three covers together it is a pretty cool concept!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment