Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Kristen Ashley’s Dream Man Series


Law Man by Kristen Ashley
 
Dream Man # 3
 
 

Ok, so I tend to go all over the place when I read a great book.  I don’t think that I have ever read a good read from Kristen Ashley.  They have all been mind-blowing!  So my reviews of her books tend to ramble.

 

So, Law Man is Mitch’s story.  I didn’t think that Ms. Ashley could create a woman good enough for my Mitch, but Mara is right up his alley even though she tended to get on my nerves with her self loathing drama. 

 

Kristen Ashley has this way of bringing her characters from the page to life.  Her books totally engulf the readers leaving them wanting more.

 

I know that I don’t ever want any of her books to end because for a few days I am totally swept up in her books and the lives of these characters. 

 

So, Law Man is a must read for any romance lover or a reader who loves a genuine good guy or a cop or a….well really anyone will fall in love with Law Man.  Oh, and I like the new cover.

 

Synopsis:

 

Four years ago, Mitch Lawson moved across the breezeway from Mara Hanover and she fell in love with the tall, good-looking police detective who had an uncanny ability to dress well even though he’s single. It was not a stalker kind of love; she knows she has no hope since Mitch is way out of her league. That doesn’t change the fact that he’s her dream man.

Then one day Mara’s faucet won’t turn off and she knows nothing about plumbing. Being a good guy, Mitch offers to help then he invites himself over for pizza. Mara gives it a go but finds herself running away from him (literally) on their first date, standing him up their second and then she runs into him (again literally) on her way to save her ne’er do well, criminal cousin’s kids who’d just run away from their ne’er do well, criminal Dad.

Suddenly, Mara finds she has on her hands the guardianship of two kids and a gorgeous police detective who’s willing to do anything to help out… including giving fabulous foot rubs.

But Mara knows who she is and where she came from and she knows Detective Mitch Lawson is better than her. Hot law man Mitch disagrees and his challenge is to convince Mara to let go of her past and he sets about building a family at the same time he finds he also needs to protect them all against known and unknown adversaries that would tear them apart.



Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley
Dream Man # 4
 


Motorcycle Man is sadly the last addition to the Dream Man series by Kristen Ashley. I hate to see this series go, but can't wait to see then new work Kristen releases. I am a mega fan of Kristen Ashley's work and have to say that she is my favorite published author. I have read most of her books, but this is actually the first review I am writing for her.


I am in shock and awe after reading this book. I have waited forever to read Tack's story and when I finally got this book, it was so much more than I expected it to be. Having said that this is the second time I am reading this book. I wanted to review this series and reread the books so I could do so. I have loved Tack from the very beginning and Mrs. Ashley did a great job bringing this secondary character to life in Motorcycle Man.


HOLY HOTNESS! This man is the epitome of ALPHA male. He rides a Harley, he has tattoos, his likes one night stands, he protects his "property" with his life. This is Kane "Tack" Allen. He is the leader of Chaos MC Club, and yes this is different than your everyday run-of-the-mill riding club. Think Hells Angels. So if you readers are looking for this type of alpha male then pick up this book.


OK, now to the review. Kristin Ashely writes her books for the everyday woman. If you are looking for a tame YA/NA then turn around and look for another book. But if you are looking for a book than has a 40ish alpha bad boy that is too bossy, with a ton of tattoos, and is not looking for love but gets slapped in the face with it then look no further. With a writing style that will blow you away, a plot that you don't want to end and a hero that you want for your own Kristin Ashley hit this one out of the park. The emotions, action, and romance (with some HOT sex scenes thrown in along the way) will have you turning pages and wishing you Kindle had an unlimited battery life.


I gave this book a 5 star review but if I could have given it more I would have.   I also love the new cover!


Sorry this review is a little all over the place but so are my emotions even after rereading Motorcycle Man. It makes me want to quit my job, buy a Harley and find my own Tack!
 
My Tack


 
 
My Tyra
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment