Sunday, December 22, 2013

Drew + Fable Series by Monica Murphy

Three Broken Promises by Monica Murphy

Drew + Fable  # 3

promises

Three Broken Promises is the third installment in the Drew + Fable series by Monica Murphy.  When I picked up this book I didn’t really know it was part of a series.  But when I started reading the book, I could tell that this book was part of something much more than this book and I could tell it was something great.

I really want to go back and read the first two book in this series based on this book alone.  Three Broken Promises has great stand-alone quality and I didn’t feel lost.  As a matter of fact, I didn’t know that it was part of a series until I finished it and started the review process. 

This book blew me away with the emotions and affection that theses characters had for each other and in general.  When tragedy strikes home it brings Jen and Colin together, but not the way either want it to be.

This story is a coming of age heartfelt journey about letting the past go and looking forward.

I really liked this book and can’t wait for more from Monica Murphy!

 

Synopsis:

Commitment. That’s what I really want from Colin. Ever since my brother, Danny, died in Iraq, Colin’s done so much to help me, including giving me a job at his popular restaurant so I can leave my crappy waitressing job at the strip joint. But lying in bed with him every night to comfort him from his horrible nightmares isn’t enough anymore. I know he feels guilty about Danny’s death, about not going to Iraq, but I can’t keep living this double life.
I love him desperately, but he’s got so many demons, and if he can’t open up to me now, then he’ll never be the real partner I need him to be. I gave him a month, and now I’m out of here. If he truly loves me like he says, he knows where to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment