Friday, October 18, 2013

Three Wishes/The Karma Beat

Three Wishes by Juli Alexander

 
Three Wishes by Juli Alexander is now The Karma Beat.  I can see the Three Wishes title, but the new The Karma Beat title has me puzzled.  I have never read a book about genies so I thought that I would give this book a try.  I loved the premise; the book, however, didn’t live up to its potential.  The possibilities of the genie world were not explored in this book.  I would have loved to know more background on Ms. Alexander’s genies.  Having said that, I liked this book even though it has a more romantic mystery feel to it.

Synopsis:

Not every seventeen-year-old girl works part time for the U.N.I.V.E.R.S.E., but when you’re a genie, you have obligations. I’d rather spend my time rocking with my older brother’s band. I’ve been waiting years to replace the last drummer. Just when it’s looking good for me, Leo Fuller shows up, and this bad boy genie’ s after more than just my drummer gig. Male genies are dangerous, volatile, bad-boy types, and I’m finding him way too attractive. If we’re caught together, we could both lose our powers and be banished to the other realm. I know helping Leo will be a really bad idea. What I don’t know is why I’m doing it anyway.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment