Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Edge of Never Series by J.A. Redmerski


The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
 
The Edge of Never # 1
 
Have you ever started reading a book and thought this will be epic? That is how this book started. From the first paragraph to the last sentence I was enthralled with this book. The characters were flawed to perfection. The plot was well thought out and the book was beautifully written.
This emotional roller coaster will have readers laughing and crying the entire book. The Edge of Never is a gut wrencher that readers will never forget. Written in both male and female POV greatly help readers understand the characters and takes the audience to new highs.
The coming of age journey is all about finding yourself and loosing yourself at the same time. I have not felt such a connection to characters in far too long. I loved every second of this book. I even cried. Yes me, the non-crier. I have not been this watery eyed since This Girl by Coleen Hoover.
I know I sound like a blubbering mess, but this book has my emotions on high alert, my heart on fire, my eyes filled with tears, and I loved every word! I greatly enjoyed The Edge of Never. Thank you, Ms. Redmerski for writing something so profound and heartbreakingly delicious. I can't wait for more. I am a fan for life!

Synopsis:
Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she's ever known, far behind.

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she'd do. He shows her what it's really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew's dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?

Due to sexual content and language, this book is recommended for 17+ – Adult Contemporary Women's – New Adult Fiction




The Edge of Always by J.A. Redmerski

The Edge of Never #2
 
To be honest I liked this sequel, but didn't love it like I did the first book. Being the second installment in a series such as the The Edge of Never a follow up book is going to be hard. The profound first book in the series had my emotions on a roller coaster ride that I didn't want to end. It is hard to compete with a book so good.
Having said that, I did enjoy the continuation of Andrew and Camryn's story. I liked how the author took us back to the beginning of their saga several times and how the characters interacted with each other. I loved the heartbreaking situations that they faced and well as the strength they portrayed. I also loved their love. It was sweet, sad, and real.
I felt like the ending was a little rushed. This story would have gone a million different ways and I didn't see it ending the way it did. I thought that Ms. Redmerski would have ended it differently or at least given us fans more of this couple. But it is her work and not mine, so I read it and enjoyed it none-the-less.
Overall, this book was lacking something at the end but is a great addition to this series.

Synopsis:
He was taking the long road. She was taking the road to nowhere. It just so happened that they led to the same place…

When everything falls apart, love remains . . .

THE EDGE OF ALWAYS

Camryn Bennett has never been happier. Five months after meeting on a Greyhound bus, she and her soul mate Andrew Parrish are engaged—and a wedding isn't the only special event in their future. Nervous but excited, Camryn can't wait to begin the rest of her life with Andrew – a man she knows in her heart will love her always. They have so much to look forward to—until tragedy blindsides them.

Andrew doesn't understand how this could happen to them. He's trying to move on, and thought Camryn was doing the same. But when Andrew discovers Camryn is secretly harboring a mountain of pain and attempting to numb it in damaging ways, there is nothing he won't do to bring her back to life. Determined to prove that their love can survive anything, Andrew decides to take Camryn on a new journey filled with hope and passion. If only he can convince her to come along for the ride…



 

No comments:

Post a Comment