Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pretty Dark Nothing by Heather L. Reid


Pretty Dark Nothing by Heather L. Reid

 3.5 Stars
Pretty Dark Nothing is the first book in the self titled series.  The first thing that drew me to this book is the beautiful cover.  I was absolutely taken back by its eerie feel.  I read the synopsis and thought I would be interested.  Then I made the mistake of looking on different websites to read reviews, I saw that the reviews were low and I thought that I had made a big mistake by picking this one.  I was wrong.  I really liked this book.  It just goes to show you readers like different things.  That’s why I am glad there are all kinds of reviewers out there.

The blurb was kind of deceitful in focusing on these demons and dreams because the book mostly focused on the regular high school drama and romance.  And of course YA books are full of teenage angst, which this book had.  But I found myself wrapped up in the characters and plot and of course liked the drama as well.  I thought that this book was believable with the plot and characters and teens are so unpredictable these days so the plot change ups did not bother me.  I am a YA lover, but have found myself reading more NA since the new genre category came out but this book brought me back to my roots.  This is definitely a YA series to look out for.   

Synopsis:

It’s been twenty three days since Quinn has slept for more than minutes at a time. Demons have invaded her dreams, stalking her, and whispering of her death. The lack of sleep and crippling fear are ruining her life. Energy drinks and caffeine pills don’t make a dent. When Quinn dozes off in the school hallway, Aaron, an amnesiac with a psychic ability, accidentally enters her nightmare. The demons are determined to keep them apart, and Aaron from discovering the secret locked away in his memory. Together, they could banish the darkness back to the underworld for good. That is, unless the demons kill them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment