Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sole Witness

Sole Witness by Jenn Black


 

I love romance and I like suspense, so I thought why not?  I’ll give it a try.  After the first few chapters I found myself asking why? 

I am a book reviewer, so I have read hundreds of books; some good, some bad, but few I DNF.  This one was one of the few; however, I did make it 56% in before I could not take anymore. 

The characters were very one dimensional, almost elementary, the plot was better but the whole book was just meh.

Synopsis:

Detective Davis Hamilton is struggling to balance his career and his personal life. The high profile murder case couldn’t have come across his desk at a worse time--his partner is so pregnant she’s about to pop, and the sole witness is not only a suspect herself... she’s Lori Summers, famous for surfing killer waves in equally killer designer bikinis, and known deep in his heart as the one who got away.

Lori Summers decided the day Davis Hamilton dumped her for a society wife, that she didn’t need a man in order to be somebody. She lived up her daredevil career with glamorous international photo shoots until tragedy brought her back to her home town to face the past and re-think the future. Stumbling over a dead rap star wasn’t supposed to be part of that equation, and neither was running from a killer... right into the arms of the last man on earth she’d dare to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment