Monday, November 10, 2014

Inside Out Series by Lisa Renee Jones

Being Me (Inside Out #2)
 by Lisa Renee Jones

 4 Stars

Being Me is the second installment of the Inside Out Trilogy.  The intriguing, sultry, mysterious romance will captivate readers and leave them wanting more.

This book blew me away; however, I have not read the first book in this series so I did feel a disadvantage during the first 25% of the book.  After that point the author did a great job of catching up reader like me, so I had an idea of what happened in the first book.  As we peel back the layers of this sexy book, it is so much more than just the new age erotica.  It is about finding yourself and trusting not only yourself but others as well.  The plot is like no other, well thought out and precise.  I have truly never read anything that compares to the way this book was written.  The characters are flawed to perfection, leaving readers with a real connection.  Not only are these characters strong, but vulnerable in their own way; which is hard to find in a book.  Mrs. Jones most definitely has a golden pen and I so happy to have discovered her work.

Synopsis:

 Fascinated by the dark fantasies in the journals she’s discovered, and the two men who have now found a place in her life, Sara McMillan finds herself torn between her new life and her past. Now, more than ever, Sara identifies with the lost journal writer, Rebecca, and is certain that something sinister has happened.

In the arms of the sexy, tormented artist Chris Merit, Sara seeks answers about Rebecca and ends up discovering things about herself she never knew existed. Chris forces Sara to reconsider who she is and what she truly wants from life, but not before his dark desires threaten to tear them apart. Her boss, Mark Compton, offers her the shelter to understand just what those needs mean to her, and what they might have meant to Rebecca, but can she trust him to lead her to a final conclusion to Rebecca’s story?


The Mater Undone (Inside Out 2.5)
by Lisa Renee Jones





 

4 Stars
 Being new to the Inside Out Trilogy, this novella has given me great insight into Mark Compton’s world.  I started this series with Being Me, and although Mark was in this book he was not the main focus.  I really liked him in the second installment so this book was a pleasant surprise. 

I loved seeing this softer side of Mark.  His is very dominant, confident, and sexy in the other books, so seeing this side of his character really makes me love this series even more.  Now, I definitely have to go back and read the first book.

Synopsis:

In her private journals, Rebecca laid bare her soul, revealing her obsession for the one man whose erotic demands captivated her imagination--and enslaved her forever. Now, with Rebecca no longer in his life he is lost, questioning everything he thought he knew about himself and about control he holds in such high regard. One women will reach out to heal him and then turn away, leaving him haunted. She is nothing he thought he wanted and somehow everything he needs. He tells himself to forget her but he cannot escape his desire for her. He has to have more...


Revealing Us (Inside Out 3#)
 by Lisa Renee Jones



 

4 Stars

I fell in love with this series in the last month or so and I am starting the first book tonight.  I really like the Ms. Jones abandoned the trilogy and started up with a series.  I really enjoy her writing style and he characters.

Revealing Us is the third installment in the Inside Out series and might not be my favorite book in this series, but is an important addition to Chris and Sara’s story. I felt like the mystery that I loved in the previous book was no longer there since Rebecca’s plotline was somewhat resolved. But this book gives back-story to Chris and makes us love him more.  It also goes deeper into the BDSM lifestyle but not too much.  I don’t particularly love that type of book, but this book is on the lighter side of the genre and it makes for an interesting plot addition. 

I loved the fact that we got to see inside Chris’ life and all the pain he has gone through.  It brings the reader closer to his character.  I also love how strong Sara has gotten over the course of this series.  The Ella side plot is going to be interesting and I can’t wait to get my hands on the next chapter.

I loved the previous covers in this series, but this cover just didn't do it for me.  I thought the cover was not cohesive with the rest of the covers.
 
Synopsis:
 
The third installment in the sexy Inside Out erotic romance series—in the seductive tradition of Fifty Shades of Grey.

You've discovered Rebecca's secrets. You've discovered Sara's secrets. Now Sara will discover "his" deepest, darkest secrets...but will those secrets bind them together--or tear them apart?
 

 
His Secrets by Lisa Renee Jones

Inside Out # 3.1

 Honestly, I love this series!  In His Secrets we learn much more about Chris as it is written in his POV.

This novella packs a punch in the 100 or so pages, but is completely necessary to fully understand these complex characters.

New twist and turns reveal themselves leaving an opening for the plot to go in several different directions. 

Every word Lisa Renee Jones writes in this series has a meaning, so pay attention or you just might miss something important.

Synopsis:

An Inside Out story, Chris's POV

In a world where my only escape has been my art, Sara has been the light in my darkness. And there is darkness, the kind of inky black that can bleed from my life to hers.
She doesn't see it. She doesn't understand what I've shown her. And my biggest fear is that soon...she will.

Rebecca’s Lost Journals

by: Lisa Renee Jones

Inside Out # 3.2



In this installment of the Inside Out series we get to read Rebecca’s journals and get a better picture into her life as we dive deeper into her escapades.

Synopsis:

Rebecca’s Lost Journals.....

Rebecca Mason has known heartache and sorrow in her life, losing everyone she loves. She’s on her own in San Francisco, lost in every way, until she dares to make the decision to chase her dream of working in the art world. It is then that he meets a rich, seductively powerful man who will become the Master she never knew she wanted and change her life forever. He will lead her on a dark, passionate journey where pain is pleasure and pleasure is pain, and where every limit she once had is no more. In this man, she will find solace to her pain, an escape from the ache inside her. And in him, she will discover a darkness she may never escape.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment