Friday, August 9, 2013

Feature and Follow #4

 


This weeks question is interesting...

Q: Back to school. Create a reading list for the imaginary English Lit class you will be teaching this summer.

A:  That is so hard, but I think that I would have to stick with the classics.  This is English Lit right?  I would love to put some of my favorite books in the mix, but I had this awesome high school teacher, she had high expectations and treated us like we were college students. This is where my love of reading first started.  She was so tuff and had us read many different classics.  She told us when we compalined that we would need to read and understand the classics before we could comprehend any other book.  I still believe her statement to this day.  Elizabeth Kane was the teacher and I can still hear her reading in my head.  She has my upmost respect and love!












3 comments:

  1. I love Robert Frost, great choice!

    New GFC follower :-)
    Berls @ Fantasy is More Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. two of my favorite poets!! Great picks! Where do I sign up??

    New bloglovin follower!

    Here's my FF + Giveaway!

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if you've ever read it, but "tuff" is actually lingo from a Classic I've been seeing on quite a few lists this week, "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton. Great read! A read which features Robert Frost's poetry, no less. Whoa! It's come full circle!
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/014038572X
    Also, I've heard Robert Frost had a *crazy* life. Full of the types of things you don't learn about in high school. If you're interested, try googling for the episode with the gun! Nuckin' futs!

    Here's my FF:
    http://thepookapicks.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/feature-follow-6/

    ReplyDelete