Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dog Days Series by Sierra Dean

Autumn by Sierra Deran
 

This recently released debut book in the Dog Days series by Sierra Dean entitled Autumn was a fantastic YA read, to be honest I wish there were more books like this out in there in the paranormal world. 

The light and creative writing style of Ms. Dean sets the pace for this series and what an amazing journey this book was.  She opens readers to a world of magic, curses, and mysteries experiencing this paranormal situation as the characters unveil the towns secretes. 

 

My thoughts:

I really enjoyed this book.  It is fast paced; just enough romance to remain sweet, and leaving you wanting more.  I have not been so vested in a book in a while.  And can you say cliffhanger.  I was actually driving down the road letting the Kindle read to me and I thought that my device skipped pages.  I was like what…really…oh come on!  I can’t believe the ending, but that just leaves me having to experience the next installment.  I love to hate cliffhangers, and truth be told I remember all the great cliffhanger books that I have read because I want not scratch that have to know what happens next.  It’s like an addiction, so I remember these books and authors more so.  That’s what sticks out in my head the most; that and a really great book!  So I loved this book.  If you are a fan or paranormal or YA or both this is a must read!

 

Synopsis:

Cooper Reynolds’s life is going to the dogs… literally.

As if being a high school senior in a small Texas town wasn’t hard enough, Cooper has bigger things to worry about than who he’ll take to prom and whether or not the Poisonfoot Padres will win homecoming. He has less than a year before his eighteenth birthday, when a curse placed on his family will doom him to live in coyote form forever.

The last thing he needs to complicate his already messed-up life is a girl, but fate has other plans in mind for him when it brings Eloise “Lou” Whittaker to Poisonfoot. She’s grouchy, sarcastic and has no love for her new Texas home, but she might be exactly the right person to help Cooper break the curse.

The clock is ticking, and Cooper will have to decide if he’s willing to let Lou in on his dirty little secret before it’s too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment