Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Terrible Love Series by Marata Eros


A Terrible Love by Marata Eros
A Terrible Love #1


4 Stars
A Terrible Love is the first book in the self titled series by Marata Eros (a pseudonym for Tamara Rose Blodgett)

As soon as I started this book, I fell in love with the characters, plot, and author.  That does not ever happen to me.  I often found myself thinking “How does this girl have so many hot guys in her life?”  At times it was almost unbelievable, and I seemed as the author was trying a little too hard.  This was not the case, for you skeptical readers like me that want believable plots; just stick with this book it all works itself out.

I really liked that the heroine, Jess aka Jewel, is a strong, independent woman who is not scared to face her fears.  She has been through the ringer and is flawed to perfection.  The heron Devin “Cas” Castile is a smoking hot, sex-on-a-stick, alpha male that gives the reader more questions than answers through most of this book.  His mysterious quality makes him all the more attractive.  He oozes sex, leather, and lust on his motorcycle that had be panting and fanning myself most of the book.

The plot is original for the brand new NA genre making it stand out from the rest of the books.  This series is sure to quickly become a fan favorite.

I went into the last few chapters feeling that this was a 5 star book, but the last part of the book felt rushed to me.  I liked that the book to a twist, but the transition was quite awkward.  Don’t get me wrong I still like this book, but would have liked the ending to flow better. 

I am glad that the author took the time to write loveable characters, a great plot, and sexy as hell males making this book a must read for any NA reader.  I also hope that the key characters get their own book.  I am especially looking forward to see a HEA for Brad and Brock! 

I have A Brutal Tenderness, the second book in this series, loaded and ready to go.

 

*UPDATE*

A Brutal Tenderness is a companion book to A Terrible Love.  It makes me love this book so much more and makes this series one on my all time favorites.  It also makes up for the rushed ending tying up all the loose ends.  This series is a 5 stars series without a doubt.

Synopsis:

Jess Mackey is living a meticulously fabricated lie of necessity. She's left the secret tragedy of her past behind along with who she was and is forging ahead with a clean slate. But Jess soon discovers that passion can't be left behind—neither her own, nor that of the one man who sees who she really is…and whose unexpected presence may breach the peaceful life Jess has painstakingly created for herself.

Devin Castile didn’t expect to meet a young woman who may be the missing puzzle piece to his existence…and who is also the victim of a heinous crime. Devin convinces himself that he can remain emotionally distant even while indulging his physical desire for her. But when Jess’s lies begin to crumble in the face of their undeniable attraction and the truth is revealed, one of them might pay with their life.




A Brutal Tenderness by Marata Eros
A Terrible Love #2 

4 ½ Stars
A Brutal Tenderness is a companion book to A Terrible Love.  I absolutely love this book.  It explained all the loose ends in book 1 and also added depth to the first book.  This book revealed all the mysterious situations and gave much needed insight into characters and pivotal plot changes in A Terrible Love. 

The POV is from Blaine/Devin “Cas” Steel.  It makes his character more sexy, loveable, and hot.  It also gives the reader details into the other agent’s lives, which I loved.  This gives the audience that extra spark that will draw them into this series. 

I absolutely love this series and can not wait for more from this series.  I want all of the characters to get a book.  I especially love Decatur, Luke, and Carlie.  I am giving this book a 4 ½ star review.  I liked it so much more than the first book, giving us more to the story.  This is a 5 star series. 

Synopsis:
 

There are two sides to every story. In this dark and sexy companion novel to the New York Times bestseller A Terrible Love, experience the sizzling passion and pulse-pounding suspense through FBI agent Cas Steele’s eyes as he hunts down a psychopath...and falls for the killer’s prey.

Cas has been charged with an unsavory task: manipulate the hauntingly beautiful Jewell MacLeod—a woman he has every reason to hate—and slowly gain her trust in order to use her as bait to lure in a killer. But as the killer draws closer, Cas realizes that he can’t deny the scorching chemistry that ignites between him and Jewell, even if giving into his physical desire for her means jeopardizing his mission...and opening himself up to the possibility of a real and terrible love...

No comments:

Post a Comment