Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Torn Series by K.A. Robinson


Torn by K.A. Robinson


4 Stars
I quickly fell in love with Torn the first installment in the Torn series.  The characters are flawed to perfection, the love triangle was good and the plot thickens as the cast try to keep it together. 

I devoured this book in one day, and I have to say it was a refreshing read to the funk that I have been stuck in lately, picking the wrong books.  I love the NA genre and this book is a great addition to the mix.  It has a Jamie McGuire and Abbi Glines feel to it which made me like it even more.  I will definitely follow this series, even though I wanted to choke Chloe at times.  And your royal hotness Drake Allen does not hurt this series either.  I think I am in love!

Chloe starts West Virginia University with her BFF’s Amber and Logan after leaving her parting mother for college.  Not too long after Chloe starts school she meets Drake Allen.  Drake is a local singer in a band and resident bad boy, when sparks fly between the two and Drake pushes Chloe away she turns to her friend Logan, but will his love be enough?

Favorite quotes:

“Don’t worry, I’ll probably still be between the pages with a certain Mr. Maddox.  Lord knows I can’t put him down once I start.” -Rachel Could this be a certain Travis Maddox???

“Stick that tongue out again and see what happens.”-Drake Allen

“You know baby, if you wanted to get on top of me all you had to do was ask.”-Drake Allen

“No, not at all, I just figured you had better things to do than hand out on my bed. He grinned at me.  ‘Nowhere else I’d rather be.’”


Twisted by K.A. Robinson

4 Stars
Twisted is the second book in the debut series Torn by K.A. Robinson.  This series has quickly become one of my favorite series, and I hope just because Drake and Chloe have their happily ever after that the series will go on and we can see all the characters get theirs as well.  I devoured both of these books in one day (don’t hate I was recovering from surgery, what’s a girl to do).

This heart-wrenching story of love, disappointment, lies, and life will capture reader’s hearts and sweep them up in this rocker romance.  I liked this installment better than the first, with all the drama.  I started out in the first book wanting to choke Chloe, but after reading this book she redeemed herself and I wanted to slap Drake’s sexy butt, but in the end this duo made me smile.

This chapter picks up where Torn left off, and will not disappoint readers.  Just when you think that this couple can not go through anything else, the relationship is tested by a tour, ex’s, jealousy, drugs, lies, family, and love.  Buckle up and hang on this is one wild ride.

I did get my fix of Drake Allen in this book, but this is not enough.  I am begging you, Ms. Robinson, write more in this series, I have to know what happens to the band members, Logan, Amber, Danny, and Jordan.  Please don’t leave us hanging.

Favorite quotes:

“Who needed food when you had Drake?” – Chloe

“I’m in so deep with you, I don’t think I’ll ever surface.  But I’m okay with that,  If I’m going to drown, I want it to be with you’” –Chloe

“Do you know how corny we sound?  I think I just threw up a little.” – Drake Allen

“No one could ever compare to you” –Drake Allen

“I hope he’s enjoying the good life out in Los Angeles without me; I hope he finds some nasty groupie that gives him every STD known to man.” –Chloe

“No keep talking, I’d love to hear what else you wish upon my poor dick.  That kind of hurts, you know; I’m quite fond of that certain body part.” – Drake Allen

“Do you really want me to catch a bunch of sexually transmitted diseases?” – Drake Allen

Synopsis:

Chloe and Drake have found their happily ever after... Almost.

When Chloe's mother comes back into her life with a bang, it sets off a chain of events no one could have ever expected.
Everyone has their demons, and Chloe and Drake's hit them with a vengence.

Sex, drugs, money, a crazy ex, and Rock n Roll.... Can they survive it all?

Things are beginning to feel a bit... Twisted.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment