Saturday, July 6, 2013

Shady Cove : New Girl in Town

Shady Cove: New Girl in Town by Ava Catori
 

Shady Cove had a decent synopsis and a great cover so I decided to give it a try.  I have read other works by Ava Catori with great covers and ended up being flops.  This book was not much different.  It started off ok and I kept thinking it was going to get better, but this book just didn’t go anywhere but down hill; it hit a rut and the tires just kept spinning.  After a while I started skimming and the book still didn’t pick up the pace.  I might try one more book by this author because the covers just keep pulling me in, but if it does not get better after that I’m done.

The character’s lacked depth and emotion, I mean the girl lost family member after family member and just fought with her dad, come on.  And the whole Aunt Bea thing was straight out of Mayberry.  I just couldn’t connect.  Also, this book was labeled NA and it was most certainly not.  I would say YA at best.  Another disappointing story with a decent cover; such a shame.

Synopsis:

Can a big city girl go country? Jenna’s life grinds to a halt after her brother’s suicide. With her college funds non-existent and her future plans put on hold, she’s forced to relocate to a sleepy town. Just when her entire world is crumbling, she meets Benji Preston, a local guy she doesn't expect to fall for. He's not even her type! A harmless flirtation quickly escalates into something more. The only catch? He’s the same guy her cousin has been harboring a crush on for ages. With tongues wagging and jealousy dogging her every step, Jenna has to decide what's more important; her heart or her family ties?
ing to get better, but this book just didn’t go anywhere but down hill; it hit a rut and the tires just kept spinning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment