Friday, June 28, 2013

This Girl

This Girl by Coleen Hoover

 
5 Stars
This girl loved this book.  This girl cried in this book.  This girl is a great ending to the Slammed series. Colleen Hoover did it again with This Girl.  The amazing written, emotionally charged finale to Will and Lake’s saga had me laughing, crying, smiling, and ultimately happily.

This Girl is an untimely classic that will leave readers touched in many ways.  The strength that this couple has from the situations they have been put in is inspiring and uplifting. Giving readers insight into Will’s world and adding much more to the story from his point of view will have the audience hooked.

   I have read Slammed and Point of Retreat and loved them, but the combined stroies and future told from Will’s point of view had me crying not once, but twice by the time I was 20% into the book (and I have only cried in 2 books in my life…well 3 now).  I know the story, I have read the books, but Will’s view hit me in the gut.  This story will stick with me forever.  I thought when I started reading this book that it would be a companion book, but it was so much more.  I can not say enough about This Girl.  Readers get out your tissue, you will need it. I could go on and on about This Girl, but I wanted my review to be a classic as the book. Colleen Hoover you are a genius end of story! 

Summary:

 Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.
In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from his point of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.

No comments:

Post a Comment