Monday, September 9, 2013

Getting Physical Series by Tamara Morgan

The Rebound Girl (Getting Physical #1)
by Tamara Morgan
 

Tamara Morgan’s contemporary romance The Rebound Girl is the first installment of the upcoming Getting Physical series.

As I am writing this review I am torn.  I loved the idea and synopsis of this of this romance but the book really didn’t pan out for me.  I like the idea and the promise of a rebound, but the heroine was terrible.  I think she did it in for me.

The heroine was bitchy, abrasive, selfish, and has this corruption factor to her.  I think that her forced slutty behavior was too much for this reviewer.  I also found the story was long and lagging at times.  I didn’t skip because I was letting my Kindle read to me, but if I was reading this on my own I think I would have probably skimmed.  It really did seem like it went on forever (and not in a good way).

I liked the hero in this story, but he seemed jaded by his ex.  He also seems naïve and in his own little world but take into account he is a teacher.  I loved his brother Lincoln and if he gets his own book I think I would like that book better.

Knowing this is the start of a new series, I hope the next installment’s characters are better than in this book.  I would read another book by this author; I really think that it was the heroine that I couldn’t get over. I am giving this book 3stars.

Synopsis

Plastic surgeon Whitney Vidra knows all about getting over a cheating ex. She followed her boyfriend halfway around the world before she found out about his infidelity. Now she's focusing on her career and her friends, and using men just for single-serving, no-strings fun. Until she meets charming Matt Fuller.
Newly single Matt is captivated by the vibrant Whitney, in every way the opposite of his cheating ex-wife. When he confesses to Whitney that he hasn't had sex since his divorce, she volunteers to be his rebound girl. But Matt's not a no-commitment kind of guy—he's either all in, or all out.
Whitney is determined to remain attachment-free, but Matt is equally determined to prove to her that what they have is more than just a rebound fling.

Derby Girl (Getting Physical #2)
by Tamara Morgan

Derby Girl is the second installment of the Getting Physical series by Tamara Morgan.   This book is the redeeming quality of this series.  I wasn’t too keen on the first book, but thank goodness for second chances.

 I recently had an author challenge my review of her book.  She didn’t like my review of her first two books in her series.  She asked me why I wanted to read and review her second book.  This is the reason why.  I really liked this book and I do believe in second chances.  So I didn’t connect with the first book, does this mean that I don’t like the author?  No, I just didn’t like the book.  But how would I have known if I didn’t give an author another try.  So this, Ms. Roberts, is why I review other books by authors even though I didn’t like previous books. 

 Enough about that lets get down to this book.  This book is about a sexy eccentric girl that meets a plastic surgeon who is at a crossroads in his life. This pair is on a journey of finding themselves and each other while making life changing decisions.

 I loved the play on words with the name Dr. Fine.  I also love that the tuff tattooed girl, Gretchen, which Jared falls for. This was a great addition to this series and I can’t wait for the next addition. I give this book 4 stars.
 
Synopsis:
Book two of Getting Physical

Roller derby girl Gretchen "Honey Badger" Badgerton lives in the moment, no apologies. Like every woman in Pleasant Park with a pulse, she finds Dr. Jared Fine irresistible, but she's taken by surprise when her unattainable new neighbor asks her out.

On paper, Jared is the perfect man: gorgeous, wealthy and charitable. But his golden image is just that, and opening an upstate practice is a welcome chance to start a new life. When Gretchen stops to help him with a flat tire, he's intrigued by her feisty attitude—and her sexy body art. There's something refreshing about being with a take-charge woman who doesn't expect him to be anything but himself.

Though Gretchen is hesitant to shatter Jared's "bad girl" illusion of her, she has to face facts: she's fallen for the good doctor. She's used to putting everyone else's needs before hers, but as their relationship heats up, can she handle having someone take care of her for a change?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment