Friday, June 28, 2013

Rouge

Rouge by Leigh T Moore

3 stars

Rouge is the first installment in the Cheveux Roux series.  I personally can not get into books written in different eras, and honestly did not know when I started this one that it was, but I enjoyed the unique plot of this book.

The setting was descriptive and I felt like I was right there with Hale.  I loved every heartfelt character in this book.  But I just find it hard to read this period style romance.  I will not be reading more of this series if it was my syle I would be all over it, but if you are a fan of historical romance then this is the series for you!

Synopsis

Romance, velvet, sequins, and murder...
Hale Ferrer is the rising star of the hottest cabaret in New Orleans. And her one goal is escape. Escape from the lies, from the crime, and from her growing fear that one day she'll have to earn her living in the secret back rooms, where the dancers do more than dance.
But she won't leave behind Teeny, the orphan-girl she promised to protect.
Freddie Lovel is rich, handsome, and in love with Hale, and he's ready to sweep her away with him to Paris. But her heart is captured by Beau, the poor stagehand with eyes as blue as Louisiana iris flowers.
Denying her fears, Hale is ready to choose love and a life with Beau, until a predator hidden in the wings launches a chain of events that could cost her everything--Teeny, their one hope of escape, and possibly even her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment