Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hunter

Hunter by Jacquelyn Frank aka JAX




Hunter by Jacquelyn Frank aka JAX, is a stand alone book that feels like a series. The beginning starts off a little long winded in telling the back-story. I kind of felt like I was missing something, possibly a previous book, but I could not find another book. I thought that was kind of distracting and almost put the book down. I am so glad that I didn't.

After finally getting past the back-story, this book had an interesting take on witches. I thought that the instant connection that Tatyana had with Hunter was intriguing. I wanted to learn more about them. Honestly, this is the only reason I continued reading this book.

The scene changes are rather jumpy and I had to go back and reread to make sure I didn’t jump on the page. There are really no page breaks to separate scenes. That is very distracting. And some of the characters were not introduced; they just showed up in a scene, which takes away from the story line to me.

The sexual tension between Hunter and Tatyana is frustrating at best, just go ahead and get it on, everyone including the readers will feels so much better. With all the build up the sex better be good (and it is). The banter and playfulness between these two and the chemistry they elude is so hot; it makes this book so good.

The battles in this book are graphic and not for the faint of heart. I like that the witches actually fight warlocks and not just have these awesome powers and not use them. I feel like this book might be the start of a new series and would absolutely read any future books. I give this book 3 1/2 stars.



Synopsis:

This can’t be happening to her. A random break down…an isolated mountain road, a seemingly chance meeting with a hotter-than-hot stranger. Tatyana is a modern gal who can handle any crisis, but before she knows what’s hit her, she’s sensing a hideous threat, not to her but to this man who draws her like a moth to flame. Hunter.

“I know things…I saw it.”

When the attack comes, she is his protection from a diabolical enemy, even as he initiates her into a startling world of magic, sorcery and sensuality. For in a moment of terrifying danger a spark has been struck, and neither can escape the erotic fire to come…







No comments:

Post a Comment