Friday, April 12, 2013

Dear Cassie

Dear Cassie by Lisa Burstein



Ok to start off by saying I really loved this book is an understatement. All the profanity and sarcasm in this book reminded me of myself (before I had children of coarse) and I loved every f***ing minute of it.

The abrasive attitude of Cassie brought back so many memories, leaving out the illegal activities (or maybe not), of my youth; needless to say that I can relate to this book minus the rehab part.

I can not say too much about this book due to spoilers, but I can say the descriptive writing style had me right there with Cassie throughout the entire story. The attention to detail was impeccable. The story itself was a beautiful, heartbreaking, full circle that took Cassie and myself on an emotional journey.

This book is related to the series Pretty Amy and to get the full back story you might want to read this series. I, however, did not read the series and still enjoyed the book.  Dear Cassie is a great stand alone.

The ending was confusing to say the least; to me this is a cliffhanger and hope the author did not leave us hanging. I would like to follow Cassie’s story further (hopefully with Ben). I would rate this book a 3 ½ out of 5 stars and recommend for younger readers 17+.

Synopsis:

What if the last place you should fall in love is the first place that you do?


You’d think getting sent to Turning Pines Wilderness Camp for a month-long rehabilitation “retreat” and being forced to re-live it in this journal would be the worst thing that’s ever happened to me.

You’d be wrong.

There’s the reason I was sent to Turning Pines in the first place: I got arrested. On prom night. With my two best friends, who I haven’t talked to since and probably never will again. And then there’s the real reason I was sent here. The thing I can’t talk about with the guy I can’t even think about.

What if the moment you’ve closed yourself off is the moment you start to break open?

But there’s this guy here. Ben. And the more I swear he won’t—he can’t—the deeper under my skin he’s getting. After the thing that happened, I promised I’d never fall for another boy’s lies.

And yet I can’t help but wonder…what if?

No comments:

Post a Comment