Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What We Love...


The Vampire Diaries


So, Becca and I are huge, The Vampire Diaries, fans. If you haven’t seen this show on the CW, then you are missing out. It comes on Thursday nights, and its got everything: romance, action, drama, decent story arcs (most times), and teenage vampires, werewolves and witches. Additionally, the series is based on books. I’ve read some of the books, and after book three, I started to lose interest, but not so with the show. And if you watch the show, maybe you can appreciate/agree/disagree with our thoughts on it.
Becca is a Damon fan, while I’m a Stefan fan. She only likes Stefan when he is being bad, and I never like Damon. Well, mostly on principle as a Stefan fan. I like Elena, but I like her more when she is on-again with Stefan. Obviously, given that, I don’t really care for her character right now, but I’m hoping that will be righted by the end of this season. I’ve gotten to the point where I could do without the Originals, as well. Just kill them already, and make them stay dead this time. Except for Elijah. If producers/directors are reading this, we need more Elijah time. However, it does get old when every episode is about how they can kill the Originals and how they fail at doing it. And really, do we need to bring in another vampire, Silas,that is even older than the Originals. If they can’t kill off Klaus, they will never be able to kill off this new guy. Keeping fingers crossed that doesn’t happen.
Of course, Becca and I disagree on which characters should die next. Supposedly, two will die this season, but alas, I know that it won't matter, because more than likely, they will just get resurrected. Although, the show has surprised me a time or two. She likes the Originals, particularly Klaus, and would rather see Matty (my nickname for him), and Bonnie (in that order) gone. I’ve already expressed my thoughts on the matter in the previous paragraph. I would rather that the original cast members stay where they are. I recently read an article that Vulture posted about when everyone on the Vampire Diaries should have been killed. Although, I disagree with some of the points made, it was quite entertaining. So, if you haven’t read it, check it out. And, if you have time, please feel free to leave some feedback on your thoughts on the show. Do you have a favorite character? Damon or Stefan? Who would you liked to see killed off next? And, what are your thoughts on an Elijah and Elena pairing? 

4 comments:

  1. I really love this show too and I admit, I love both Stefan and Damon, both in different ways!

    I am a new follower, I found you through Goodreads and I would love a follow back! :)
    http://myguiltyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting a comment and for following us, Kindlemom! We would love to follow you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read The Vampire Diaries... It's been on my to-read list for ages though! The way you both support different teams (Team Damon and Team Stefan) makes me smile... It reminds me of how my best friend and I always support different teams despite being so similar... :P
    ~ Ruby @ http://feedmebooksnow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ruby! We appreciate you leaving a comment! If you get an opportunity to read the books, you'll have to come back and let us know which team you're on. Please follow us and stop back by anytime!

    ReplyDelete