Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Reaper's Novice

Reaper’s Novice by Cecilla Robert

This first book in the new urban fantasy Soul Collector series, Reaper’s Novice, is a captivating look into the world of the Grim Reaper.  Ana, a family oriented teen, swaps her life for the lives of her family.  In order to save her family she must become the Grim Reaper’s, Ernest, apprentice.  She must collect souls and doesn’t mind if they are old or sick.  Can she pass the final test to become a Soul Collector?

The Reaper’s Novice took me a little while to get into.  I saw it got many 5 star ratings and was anxious to start the book.  Half way through I starting skimming, I just could not get into this one and I really tried.  I’m not sure if it was the setting or the fantasy part that hung me up.  I usually can’t get enough of series and this one didn’t do it for me.  The plot and characters we well thought out but I couldn’t bring them to life.  Maybe it is just me, but I felt it was a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment